Bear Facts

The student news site of Vestal High School, Vestal, NY

Bear Facts

Bear Facts

Poll

What is the thing you are looking forward to doing this summer?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

April Crossword
April Crossword
April 22, 2024
https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/empty-red-armchairs-of-a-theater-ready-for-a-show-gm1295114854-388925081
Fact or Fiction?
April 19, 2024
How to Draw
How to Draw
April 19, 2024

Comfort Is Key

Comfort Is Key

One thing I learned this summer is that I find major comfort in stuffed animals. I received a stuffed animal while I was in Mississippi and it was something that comforted me throughout the trip, as the trip was very stressful for me. Lots of people/sounds can freak me out, so having a stuffed animal with me really calms me down. Many people say it is childish to have a stuffed animal at 13, but I find comfort in holding a stuffed animal when I am stressed. I get a lot of anxiety even with my anxiety medication, so having a stuffed animal nearby gives me that sense of calmness and comfort. Stuffed animals are a form of comfort for many people, as you can rant/talk to them and they’ll listen (even though they aren’t alive). It has been a coping mechanism for me throughout my life, maybe it can be a coping mechanism for you too! Sometimes all you need is something to listen to – like a stuffed animal – when you’re stressed out over a test, quiz, assignment, project, or anything it may be. I used this coping mechanism starting in 8th grade, and it has really helped me! I am now prepared to bring it with me into 9th grade!