Parker Schafer: A Goodbye

Macy Schafer, Journalist

This year many of Bearfacts seniors will be graduating and heading off to college. One such senior leaving Bearfacts this year is Parker Schafer, a dedicated member of the club. He has been with Bearfacts for two years of his high school experience and is now graduating and moving on to Binghamton University. He hopes to choose an engineering major in university. Parker was a Journalist for the club and wrote many articles for the Staff Column on the website. Some of his many articles are Fact or Fiction: The Vantablack Bird-of-Paradise, Self Love: Taking Care of Yourself, My Good Luck Charm: Click, Clack and New Year’s Resolutions: Getting Smart Goals. One of his favorite articles he wrote this year was his article for the 2022 Christmas Staff Column: Fallen Trees and Stolen Cookies: A Schafer Family Christmas. He chose this particular article because it was a special moment of the year for his whole family. He will surely appreciate those Christmases even more during winter break in college with his cats. Some of his interests include music, keyboards, and video games. Parker will miss the club and will miss the opportunities it has given him to express himself through his words.