Bear Facts

The student news site of Vestal High School, Vestal, NY

Bear Facts

Bear Facts

Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite part of spring?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

April Crossword
April Crossword
April 22, 2024
https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/empty-red-armchairs-of-a-theater-ready-for-a-show-gm1295114854-388925081
Fact or Fiction?
April 19, 2024
How to Draw
How to Draw
April 19, 2024

Welcome, Mrs. Wasielewski!

Welcome, Mrs. Wasielewski!

Today we are meeting the new Earth Science and Anatomy and Physiology teacher, Mrs. Wasielewski. Before teaching she was a Veterinary Technician for 17 years. Last year, Mrs. Wasielewski student taught at Susquehanna Valley School District. She chose teaching because of the love she has for kids and the hope of inspiring them. In 2018 she started substitute teaching, and she realized then that it was her passion. Vestal is close to home and filled with many people she knows, making her decision to teach at Vestal quite easy. This year Mrs. Wasilewski says she is most excited for “getting my feet wet and having the opportunity to work with kids while doing my two passions.” Mrs. Wasielewski has three children, aged twelve, fourteen, and sixteen. There are also three pets in her family: two Corgis and one English Pointer. In 2004 she was an undergraduate at Binghamton University. Then she transferred to SUNY Delhi in 2006 to become a Veterinary Technician. She returned to Binghamton University in 2022 to get her Master’s degree in Earth Science. Mrs. Wasielewski attended Johnson City for high school, and her favorite colors are olive green and purple. Vestal High School wishes her the best of luck for her first year teaching in the district!