New Teacher at VHS: Mrs. Cutting

New Teacher at VHS: Mrs. Cutting

Gavriie Singh, Journalist

Vestal High School has welcomed many new teachers this year. One of them is Mrs. Cutting, an enthusiastic, motivated, and relatable chemistry teacher.
Mrs. Cutting relishes chemistry and is extremely qualified for her position. She finished her undergraduate and advanced chemistry degree at Houghton College. In addition to a degree and passion for chemistry, she has nineteen years of teaching experience and started teaching in 2003.
Interestingly, Mrs. Cutting has relatable and unique hobbies that she does in her limited spare time. A couple of her pastimes include spending time with her family, going to soccer games, running 5Ks, and playing with her two kids, who are nine and twelve years old. Along with juggling her busy life, Mrs. Cutting is teaching her twentieth year of chemistry!
Why did Mrs. Cutting choose Vestal High School over other options? She told me she used to work at Greene High School for nineteen years teaching a mix of Regents and applied chemistry, but she says that “I wanted to be closer to my house and have my kids go to school here.” She found the opportunity to be attractive, as she has lived in Vestal for fourteen years and would get more time to spend with her family. Mrs. Cutting also mentioned that she was interested in Vestal High School because “everyone here is super nice and the kids are great!”