Guidance News: May

Guidance News: May

Marina Zakrajsek, Guidance News

Upcoming:

The Spring Bruin is coming up on May 14th so make sure to get your tickets the week of 4/9-4/13 to attend the dance.

Many students took the SAT this May with results planning to come out on the 20th, so be sure to wish the students planning to take the SATS in June good luck!

Seniors:

The first awards night for seniors celebrating their academic achievements happened on Thursday, April 28th. Seniors received tassels, cords and pins to decorate their gowns when they graduate. 

Final checks are being made to diplomas, seals, and honors. 

Future Opportunities:

Counselors attended the Suny Broome Culinary School in Binghamton. They were able to experience the building and opportunities that might be beneficial to students.

30 students will be attending a college construction day trip and have the opportunity to meet with the Broome Highway department to learn about the trade and possible future availability.

Sam’s Club and Lockheed Martin are both in the process of reaching out to schools to get students interested in business to work within an internship, training in advertising, accounting and managing.

Music students are in the process of auditioning for Vestal’s select music ensembles: Vestal Voices, chamber orchestra and wind ensemble.

Moving Forward:

Next year plenty of middle school students are transitioning to the highschool and the Mentoring Program has opened back up! If you are interested, there is a form in the Counseling and Guidance Office Google Classroom that can be filled out with two teacher references by May 26th.

Plenty of planning is going into next year and plans for summer school are being made.

Attendance issues are also being tried to be improved as well as the robo calls sent from the school.

This is the final edition of 2021-22! I hope you all have an enjoyable summer!