New Teacher: Ms. Pipher

Jia Parikh, journalist

Vestal High School is introducing a new teacher, Ms. Pipher, to our VHS family. After graduating from Binghamton University and starting a family, Pipher’s goal of being a high school social studies teacher has been finally fulfilled.

Pipher’s ambition to be a teacher has always been a large part of her life. “I have always wanted to be a teacher,” Pipher commented. “I choose Vestal because I think it’s a really positive district,” she says. “I think that it capitalizes on helping students to excel.” Pipher also mentioned that the Vestal High School staff have been very encouraging to students and have helped her feel at home during her new job.

Apart from school, Pipher has many activities that she partakes in during her free time. She loves reading so much that she “usually reads 2 or 3 books at the same time.” She enjoys cooking, hiking, and tending to her garden. Above all, she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren.

Pipher has many aspirations for this school year. She hopes to be known as an informative yet fun teacher and would like students to “feel comfortable and confident” that they can talk to her about the course work she provides. She wants to emphasize the importance of discussion and being able to look at events from different perspectives.

At last, the new Global History 2 and US History 11 teacher leaves students with her best piece of advice- “stay curious!”