New Assistant Principal

Abeera Chaudhri, Journalist

After working as an Advanced English teacher at Susquehanna Valley High School, Mr. Cordisco is ready to tackle his position as one of our new assistant principals. Cordisco grew up in the area- he graduated in 2001 from Chenango Valley High School. He attended and graduated from SUNY New Paltz in 2005, and SUNY Cortland in 2010. After teaching accelerated English and participating in the SUNY Broome Fast Forward program with his students, he attained a CAS from Binghamton University in 2021.

Because he went to high school locally, Vestal was not a place that Cordisco suddenly discovered. He had always heard good things about the ambitious nature of our school and learning environment. Knowing the high standards that Vestal held for its students and staff he was excited to see an opening. The area, population, and having diversity and variety in students were something that really sparked his interest.

So far at Vestal, he is enjoying the variety of courses offered to the high school students. VHS has given him the ability to connect with the students and friendly staff, who he mentioned have been “extremely kind and understanding.”

In his free time, Cordisco loves to travel. He has been to at least 15 countries. His office wall displays an eye-catching photo from his trip to Switzerland, proving that he is also a skilled photographer. He also is dedicated to obstacle course racing, participating in the Savage Race and Spartan Race. He has traveled to other parts of New York, Boston, and even Virginia for these competitions. Cordisco finds enjoyment in the team-building aspects of this challenging sport.

He is deeply committed to keeping our campus clean. A final message he would like to leave with students: In addition to caring for the people and community here at VHS, care for our environment! Picking up one piece of trash and preventing something from becoming litter in the first place makes a big difference!