Thursday, Sept. 12

National Honor Society Declaration of Interest forms are now available in the Principal’s Office for Juniors and Seniors who are interested in applying to NHS.  Forms are due to the Counseling & Guidance Office this Friday, September 13th by 3 PM.

Attention Seniors – If you did not receive a fundraiser packet, please stop by the Principal’s Office and pick yours up today.  Sales from this fundraiser will benefit you and your class.   Sell 10 items receive a FREE Prom ticket, 15 items – Free Prom ticket for you and your guest, 25 items – Free Sr. Class Trip ticket, 50 items – $50.00 in Starbucks Gift Card. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Harrington or Mrs. Gaylord in the Principal’s Office.   All orders are due to the Principal’s Office by Friday, September 20th.

The Vestal High School Visions Credit Union branch will be opening TODAY regular hours from 11 AM – 1 PM.  We will then follow the posted hours at the branch.

Attention Students & Staff – The Student Store will be opening TODAY after school.  Stop by and check out what we have to offer!!

German Club will have it’s first meeting of the year TODAY after school in Rm. 238.  Please attend and join the fun!

Are you interested in Robotics, Engineering, Math or Science?  Then come to Tigertronics.  Our 1st meeting will be held tonight at 6:30 PM at Union-Endicott High School in the C-Lab.  Bring your friends and get ready to have fun.

Students interested in joining Environmental Club, we will be meeting TODAY after school in Rm. 261.  Hope to see you there!

TODAY after school there will be a Science Olympiad meeting held in Rm. 277.  Anyone interested in joining Science Olympiad are welcome to attend.

There will be a SADD meeting TODAY after school in the Cafeteria.  Anyone interested in joining SADD is welcome to attend!

Join the VHS Drama Club!  Play theatre games with your friends, learn about working in theatre, practice your public speaking, and refine your resume!  You can be an actor, director, playwright, stage manager, or designer for our one-act plays – no theatre experience required!  Our first meeting is after school until 4 PM on Monday, September 16th in the Voices Rm. 116. Hope to see you there!

ATTENTION STUDENT DRIVERS

• Students with a valid driver’s license can apply for a school-issued hang tag after completing the online driving orientation.
  • Only seniors may park in the front lot.  These senior parking spaces are outlined in green.  Seniors must not park in the parking spaces outlined in white or yellow as these are reserved for staff, bus drivers and visitors.
  • All students with valid hang tags may park in the Library and Little League parking lots, as well as the designated area above the guard rails at Sammon Field.
  • Students who are parked illegally will be asked to move their vehicles to comply with these rules. As a result you may then be late for school.
  • Students parking in any of these lots who do not have a valid, school-issued hangtag, or who do not comply with requests to move their vehicles are subject to discipline according to the Vestal Code of Conduct.

Sports

The Girls Varsity Tennis team extended their winning streak to 4 with a win over Johnson City 6-1.  Winners at Singles were Angelique deRouen, Shruti Venkatesh, Catherine Hammp and Maya Shipplick.  At Doubles, winners were Rachel Rabkin, Emma Caffrey, Ava Carlin and Marena Tubo.  The team plays rival UE on Friday.  GO BEARS!!!!!

Counseling & Guidance

Attention Students – Are you interested in attending a Service Academy?  There will be a Service Academy Night on Tuesday, September 17th at 6 PM at the Onondaga Community College in Syracuse.  Stop by the Counseling & Guidance Office for more information.

The Greater Binghamton Education Outreach Program (GBEOP) and the VHS Counseling & Guidance Department will be holding a career event on Thursday, September 19th from 6 – 8 PM during Open House/Curriculum Night in the Cafeteria.  Representatives from a wide variety of careers will be available to talk to students and their families about job opportunities.  Information about seasonal and part-time positions for students and current employment opportunities for adults will be shared.  Refreshments will be available.  There will be chances to win prizes.

Volunteers Needed

Student Volunteers will be needed to help with set-up and assist during the Career Event for Open House/ Curriculum Night, please sign up in the Counseling & Guidance Office.