Senior reflection: Caroline Scott

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior reflection: Caroline Scott

Caroline Scott

My experience at Vestal Senior High School has over all been a very good one. When I first entered the high school I was very nervous. I wasn’t sure what to expect, all I knew was that there were a lot more kids in high school than there were in the middle school. My brother was a junior when I was a freshman which made things a lot easier. He showed me around my first couple weeks and always made sure I had everything figured out! Freshman year was way harder than middle school was but little did I know it would be one of the easier years. It was our first year beginning able to leave school for lunch.  We went to bakery almost everyday for lunch and we get the 2 slices and a drink special.

My sophomore year was easier than my freshman year because I knew the school better and I started to fit in more. The workload was definitely a lot more than it was freshman year but it wasn’t too bad. I started making a lot more friends that year too. We weren’t allowed to get in cars and leave for lunch but some days my cousin would pick us up and we’d go to taco bell or panera. I started to form a friend group with about 15 people in it and on the weekends we would hang out all together. I started to enjoy high school more now that I had a friend group and i started becoming friends with the people in my classes.

My junior year was the toughest year for me. I had a boat load of homework every night and had so many tests I had to study for. I ended up getting a tutor for math because I struggled in that course the most. Throughout my junior year all of my teachers were extremely helpful to me. If I had any questions or needed to come in after school or during a free period they would always let me and help me out. My friend group started to grow into about 25 people now and we hung out almost every weekend. We all got our licenses and drove to lunch everyday and started going to tony’s to get the 2 slices and a drink lunch special. We had to get the big table to fit everyone but it kind of became a tradition.

My senior year was and is the best year I’ve had in high school. I have an amazing friend group, an amazing schedule, and amazing teachers. This year is more of a laid back year for most of my classes. There isn’t a lot of work but the most stressful part was choosing where to go to college. During the process of choosing, our counselors helped a lot throughput it. My counselor helped me apply and chose my options on where I wanted to end up going. I wanted to go to Cortland but ended up choosing to go to Broome for at least a year, maybe two. Now there are 4 days left in high school and it truly flew by. Everyone always told me that high school would be over in the blink of an eye and I never thought it was true but it actually was.

I had the best experience at Vestal Senior High School, I made forever friends, amazing memories and had the most supportive teachers through it all. I wouldn’t have wanted to go to any other school for these 4 years.