Peyton Tabor: Senior Reflection

Back to Article
Back to Article

Peyton Tabor: Senior Reflection

Peyton Tarbor

While we start high school all we can think about is graduation, but since that time is quickly approaching we start to think about our time spent here. My experience with high school has been an up and down roller coaster. I have learned a lot about myself and a lot about responsibility.

As a teen girl in high school, you could only imagine the drama and stress of it all. Throughout these four years of high school i have learned respect, organization and how to forgive others after making mistakes. My experience with high school has taught me that you don’t just get handed things. You have to work for them. I’ve also learned that people will try to knock you down, but you have to keep focused and go for what you want in life.

High school is a time to learn who you are as a person and what you want in your life. Although, I’ve never been much of someone who loves parties, my experience was more of a “get your school work done, then study a bit more” kinda thing.

Would I like to come back and do it all over again? Not really. I know who I want to be and what I want out of  life and that’s what high school is supposed to do for you. My parents asked me this same question, the whole “what was your high school experience about” and I’ve never had a straight answer for them. I’m probably still trying to figure it out. All I can really say is that people came and left, I did my work, had a few mental breakdowns here and there, but overall it just changed me from this immature, snotty kid, to someone who is mature, smart (sometimes) and someone who knows what they want out of life.

High school taught me that I am someone who finds a goal they want to accomplish and doesn’t stop till they do. Nursing is what I want to do. To do that you have to put all your effort into it, have to show that you are dedicated to it. The things that I was put through have shown that I am one dedicated person. I may be stubborn, as my mom would say, but I have always done what needed to be done.

High school has also taught me that you need to care for others. Kids can be cruel people. They say hurtful things to show off or get payback and we have all done or said something we wish we haven’t, so when someone else is down or needed to talk about anything, I was also the shoulder to cry on. It’s shown me that I am not a cold-hearted person.

You start high school a totally different person that when you leave, all we can do it learn to forgive and move on. My high school experience has been a 4-year life lesson, it was me learning I needed to study more for a certain subject, learning who my real friends are, finding out what I  want to do with my life, or what I know makes me an overall better person.

My high school experience is pretty much over and I hope next year’s seniors can learn some of the same lessons as me. Life is too short to be focus on the negative things that happen while attending high school. It’s a time to close one chapter and start a new one. That’s pretty much all i can say about my high school experience besides that i am SO ready to start all over again in college.