Tuesday, March 5

Mental Health & Wellness Week Thought for the Day – Did you know that 38% of teens report that they feel overwhelmed by social media? Too much on-line activity can leave people feeling depressed and anxious. Put your phone down today and reach out to someone who you have not spoken to (face to face) in a while. Then join us for board games and bingo in the Cafeteria during lunch periods.

This week at Vestal High School is Mental Health & Wellness Week. We are having fun activities during lunch periods and a theme every day. Today is “Tech- Free Tuesday” – wear 50’s attire and go Tech FREE “Power Off”, and there will be games& Bingo in the café during lunch periods. Wednesday is “Worry Free Wednesday” – wear yellow for Teen Suicide Prevention & Yellow Ribbons and pass on a smile, and check out smiley faces around the school. Thursday is “Thoughtful Thursday” – wear hearts or red and come spin the Wheel of Kindness before school and during lunch periods. Friday is “Fitness Friday” – wear your Green & Gold and we will be following an alternate Assembly Schedule, and we will be watching the movie Angst and during lunch periods there will be local programs in the main lobby.

Attention Students – From this point on there will be no loitering or eating in the Atrium during lunch periods. You may go outside or to the Cafeteria or Commons to eat and visit with your friends. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Attention Sophomores! Visions Federal Credit Union is looking for interns to work in our Vestal High School branch next year. You will learn to, accurately perform teller transactions while providing exceptional member service. Previous work or volunteer experience a plus but not required. Stop by the Counseling & Guidance Office for more information on how to apply!

VHS Talent Fest is this Saturday, March 9th. Tickets are on sale this week Monday, March 4th – Friday, March 8th for only $5.00. Check out our Promo “Vestal Talent Fest Trailer 2019” on You Tube.

Talent Fest Rehearsals start today in the VHS Auditorium from 3 to 5 PM.

SADD is having a Candy Gram sale during lunch periods this week for the Talent Fest.

There will be a SADD meeting held this Wednesday, after school in the VHS Cafeteria.

Registration is now open for the Running of the Bears 5K. The race will be Saturday, March 30th here at VHS. You can sign-up to run or walk. Food, prizes, fun for all. See Mrs. Darpino or Mrs. Schofield for registration forms or for more information.

Attention Juniors & Seniors – NHS Spring Interest forms are now available in the Principal’s Office. The deadline to turn in your Interest Form to the Counseling & Guidance Office is 3:00 PM this Friday, March 8, 2019. This is a firm deadline – no forms will be accepted after this time & date.

Mrs. McAllister is looking for students that would be interested in babysitting for the Vestal Central School District movie presentation of Angst on Monday, March 11th. Please see Mrs. McAllister or sign up in the Counseling & Guidance Office by next Friday, March 8th.

Sports

Attention Winter Athletes – Tonight is the Block V Awards Ceremony starting at 6 PM in the VHS Auditorium. See you there!!

Varsity Tennis try-outs will begin on Monday, March 11th! That’s, Monday, March 11th. Meet in Rm. 148 from 3 – 4 PM, dressed to workout.