Monday, Dec. 4

Good morning Vestal!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Today during period 5, we will be having the official Visions Federal Credit Union VHS – Branch Office Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.  This will take place in the Main Lobby near the Auditorium during period 5.

After the ceremony, Visions employees will be passing out free ice cream during all lunch periods for students and staff.  Please stop by period 5 in the lobby for the ceremony if you are available.

Have a great day!

Attention Cast Members of Newsies – At today’s Full Cast rehearsal, cast pictures will be taken for the musical program.  Please make sure to dress nicely, make-up and hair done if you so wish.  Pictures will be printed in black and white to go with the time period of the show.

There will be a brief Spanish Club meeting today after school in Rm. 236.  We will be discussing our holiday community outreach.

Attention Yes Leaders – Launch Training will be held this Tuesday, December 4th in Rm. 181 at 11 AM.

GSA will be meeting this Wednesday, December 5th after school in Rm. 181.  All are welcome to attend.

The Art Club Yearbook photo will take place this Thursday, December 6th!! Also, bring something to tie-dye afterwards.

Attention Students – Mark your calendars!!!  The all school King Bruin Dance will be held on Saturday, December 15th from 8 PM – Midnight.  Tickets go on sale starting today Monday, December 3rd and will be on sale through Friday, December 14th, and the cost will be $12.00/Single & $24.00/Double.  You will need to have purchased a ticket to be admitted into the dance.  NO tickets will be sold at the door.  Students and their guest will not be admitted into the dance after 10:00 PM.

KB Dance Guest forms for non-Vestal students are available in the Main Office and are due to the Main Office by this Friday, December 7th.  Remember, all non-Vestal guests must be pre-approved by Mr. Kasson and no middle school aged students are allowed.

Well the King Bruin nominations are in!  On Monday, December 10th, duing your first period class, you will have the opportunity to vote.  The 2018 King Bruin Court will be announced that afternoon.  During the King Bruin Dance, the 2018 Prince & King will be crowned.

The VHS Drama Club will be hosting a night of One Act Plays on Friday, December 7th & Saturday, December 8th at 7 PM in the VHS Auditorium.  Tickets will be $5.00 at the door.  Come and enjoy a night of theatre!!

Attention Students – Want to learn how to Ski?  Sign-up for Ski Club and reserve a spot on the bus.  Information is available in Main Office or from Mr. Bowers!  Again, sign up for ski Club soon, there is only a short time left.

On Thursday, December 6th the Vestal Chem Free All-Nighter Committee will be hosting a Barnes & Noble Bookfair fundraiser from 10 AM to 9 PM in the Vestal Town Square Mall.  Please stop by the Main Office to pick up a voucher to present at your time of purchase to help support this amazing after prom program for our VHS Seniors.

Come enjoy a night of beautiful music at the Vestal Voices Winter Concert on Tuesday, December 11th at 7 PM in the VHS Auditorium.  Free admission for all!  Hope to see you there!

The VHS Toys 4 Tots Challenge vs. Binghamton High School is underway and will run now through Friday, December 14th.  All toys collected from the two schools will be distributed to local families in need.  The need is for toys, games & books for children ages 1 – 10 years old.  You can bring in new, unwrapped toys, games, books, art supplies or sports equipment and drop them in the bin in the Main Lobby.  At our home basketball game on Friday, December 7th vs. Elmira, entry to the game is free if you bring in a toy.  So if you are out shopping his weekend, please consider picking up a toy to bring to school next week to brighten the holiday season for a child in need.

Counseling & Guidance

Volunteer Opportunity

Attention Students, especially seniors! Vestal Dollars for Scholars is looking for volunteers to help at Barnes & Noble on Sunday, December 9th.  You will be handing out coupons and wrapping gifts.  Volunteers are needed from 10 AM – 4 PM.  If you would like to volunteer for a 2-hour shift, please go to the Counseling & Guidance Office to sign up TODAY.  Seniors, you will also get credit toward your dollar for Scholars application!

Attention Seniors – The United Way needs 6 students to help wrap presents for underprivileged children in our area.  You will meet at the United Way building located on the Vestal Parkway on Monday, December 10th from 3 – 5 PM to wrap presents.  Stop by the Counseling & Guidance Office to sign up for this fun volunteer opportunity!