Friday, Nov. 30

The Running of the Bears 5K Planning Committee will meet TODAY after school in Rm. 141.  New members are welcome.  See Mrs. Darpino or Mrs. Schofield for more information.

Students taking the SAT this Saturday must bring their Admission Ticket and Photo ID to be admitted to the test.  NO ONE can be admitted without these documents!!  Don’t forget to bring a calculator and #2 pencils.  SAT Reasoning tests dismiss around 1:00  – 1:30 PM, Subject Tests dismiss around Noon.  Please leave cell phones home.  If your phone rings during testing, you will be dismissed immediately from the test!

Attention Cast Members of Newsies – At the next Full Cast rehearsal on Monday, December 3rd, cast pictures will be taken for the musical program.  Please make sure to dress nicely, make-up and hair done if you so wish.  Pictures will be printed in black and white to go with the time period of the show.

The Art Club Yearbook photo will be held on Thursday, December 6th!!  Also, bring something to tie-dye afterwards.

Attention Students – Mark your calendars!!!  The all school King Bruin Dance is coming soon, and will be held on Saturday, December 15th from 8 PM – Midnight.  We have started the preparations for our 2018 Winter Wonderland.  Tickets will go on sale starting next Monday, December 3rd and will be on sale through Friday, December 14th ), and the cost will be $12.00/Single & $24.00/Double.  You will need to have purchased a ticket to be admitted into the dance.  NO tickets will be sold at the door.  Students and their guest will not be admitted into the dance after 10:00 PM.

KB Dance Guest forms for non-Vestal students are available in the Main Office and are due to the Main Office by next Friday, December 7th.  Remember, all non-Vestal guests must be pre-approved by Mr. Kasson and no middle school aged students are allowed.

The VHS Drama Club will be hosting a night of One Act Plays on Friday, December 7th & Saturday, December 8th at 7 PM in the VHS Auditorium.  Tickets will be $5.00 at the door.  Come and enjoy a night of theatre!!

Attention Students – Want to learn how to Ski?  Sign-up for Ski Club and reserve a spot on the bus.  Information is available in Main Office or from Mr. Bowers!  Again, sign up for ski Club soon, there is only a short time left.

On Thursday, December 6th the Vestal Chem Free All-Nighter Committee will be hosting a Barnes & Noble Bookfair fundraiser from 10 AM to 9 PM in the Vestal Town Square Mall.  Please stop by the Main Office to pick up a voucher to present at your time of purchase to help support this amazing after prom program for our VHS Seniors.

Come enjoy a night of beautiful music at the Vestal Voices Winter Concert on Tuesday, December 11th at 7 PM in the VHS Auditorium.  Free admission for all!  Hope to see you there!

A Message from Assistant Principal – Mrs. Young

Vestal High School has challenged Binghamton High School to a Toys 4 Tots Challenge from now through Friday, December 14th.  Last year we challenged Maine-Endwell and we collected over 800 toys while they collected just over 400 toys.  All toys collected from the two schools will be distributed to local families in need.  The need is for toys, games & books for children ages 1 – 10 years old.  You can bring in new, unwrapped toys, games, books, art supplies or sports equipment and drop them in the bin in the Main Lobby.  At our home basketball game on Friday, December 7th vs. Elmira, entry to the game is free if you bring in a toy.  So if you are out shopping his weekend, please consider picking up a toy to bring to school next week to brighten the holiday season for a child in need.