Tuesday, Nov. 27

There will be a Spanish Club meeting held TODAY after school in Rm. 236.  See you there!

Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!  History Club will be meeting this week on Wednesday, November 28th after school in Rm. 291.  This will be the last meeting of 2018 and it’ll be a good time to discuss your projects.  Again, that’s this Wednesday, November 28th  in Rm. 291 after school.  See you there!

There will be a SADD Club meeting held after school in the Cafeteria this Wednesday, November 28th.

Attention Yes Leaders – Permission Slips are due tomorrow, Wednesday, November 28th in the Counseling & Guidance Office.

There will be a Junior Class Prom meeting tomorrow, Wednesday, November 28th at 7:40 AM in Rm. 242.  All juniors are welcome to come and help brainstorm ideas for the Junior Prom theme.

Attention Students – Mark your calendars!!!  The all school King Bruin Dance is coming soon, and will be held on Saturday, December 15th from 8 PM – Midnight.  We have started the preparations for our 2018 Winter Wonderland.  Tickets will be sold the week of the dance (Monday, December 10th – Friday, December 14th ), and the cost will be $12.00/Single & $24.00/Double.  You will need to have purchased a ticket to be admitted into the dance.  NO tickets will be sold at the door.  Students and their guest will not be admitted into the dance after 10:00 PM.

KB Dance Guest forms for non-Vestal students are available in the Main Office and are due to the Main Office by Friday, December 7th.  Remember, all non-Vestal guests must be pre-approved by Mr. Kasson and no middle school aged students are allowed.

Attention Students – Are you interested in participating in Ski Club this year?  Stop by the Main Office or see Mr. Bowers for an information sheet on how to sign-up online.

Our Toys 4 Tots Drive vs. Binghamton High School kicks off TODAY.  Bring in new, unwrapped toys, books or games for a child between ages 1 – 10.  Toys can be dropped off in the Main Lobby.

On Thursday, December 6th the Vestal Chem Free All-Nighter Committee will be hosting a Barnes & Noble Bookfair fundraiser from 10 AM to 9 PM in the Vestal Town Square Mall.  Please stop by the Main Office to pick up a voucher to present at your time of purchase to help support this amazing after prom program for our VHS Seniors.

Sports

Attention Varsity Football Players – Please go to Mr. Anderson’s class Rm. 274 to vote on the Ironman Award.

Attention Sports Fans – Tomorrow at 3 PM in the Main Lobby, come out and support two of our very own Golden Bears, Jared Butler & Matt Thrasher as they sign their National Letter of Intent.

Jared Butler will be singing is National Letter of Intent to play Division II Men’s Lacrosse at Mercyhurst University with the Lakers, where he will major in Intelligence Studies.

Matt Thrasher will be signing his National Letter of Intent to play Division I Men’s Lacrosse at Sacred Heart with the Pioneers, where he plans to study Sports Management.

Counseling & Guidance

Attention Seniors- Please remember that tomorrow is a Counselors on Call day!!  Be sure to drop by the Counseling & Guidance Office during any of the lunch periods to get help with your college applications.  No appointment necessary.  Hope to see you there!!

Volunteer Opportunity

Attention Students, especially seniors! – want to get a head start on those volunteer service hours?  The Vestal Holiday Craft Fair needs volunteers for Sunday, December 2nd.  The event is here at the high school, and volunteers are needed from 7:30 am until 4:30 pm.  You may work just a 2 hour shift or stay longer!  If you would like to volunteer, please go to the Counseling & Guidance Office to sign up TODAY!

Attention Students, especially seniors and NHS members! – looking for volunteer service hours?  The Discovery Center is looking for volunteers to help out at a few of their upcoming events. Saturday, December 1st is Breakfast with Santa.  Over winter break, December 31st thru January 3rd, their theme will be Animals and Saturday, February 2nd is Chinese New Year. If you would like to volunteer for any of these events, please go to the Counseling & Guidance Office to sign up TODAY!

College Visits

The following colleges will be visiting Vestal High School’s Counseling and Guidance office!  If you would like to speak to a college rep from one of these colleges, please stop by the Counseling and Guidance office to get a pass.

• Syracuse University will be here TODAY during 7th
  • Army National Guard will be here Wednesday, November 28th during periods 5, 6 & 7 in the Lobby
  • Mohawk Valley Community College will be here Wednesday, November 28th during 4th