Wednesday, Nov. 28

Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!  History Club will be meeting TODAY after school in Rm. 291.  This will be the last meeting of 2018 and it’ll be a good time to discuss your projects.  Again, that’s this Wednesday, November 28th  in Rm. 291 after school.  See you there!

There will be a SADD Club meeting held TODAY after school in the Cafeteria.

Attention Yes Leaders – Permission Slips are due TODAY in the Counseling & Guidance Office.

Attention Cast Members of Newsies – The next Full Cast rehearsal is TODAY from 4 – 7 PM in Rm. 116.  See everyone there!!

There will be a VHS Yearbook work session this Thursday, November 29th from 2:45 – 4 PM.

The Art Club Yearbook photo will be held on Thursday, December 6th!!  Also, bring something to tie-dye afterwards.

Attention Students – Mark your calendars!!!  The all school King Bruin Dance is coming soon, and will be held on Saturday, December 15th from 8 PM – Midnight.  We have started the preparations for our 2018 Winter Wonderland.  Tickets will be sold the week of the dance (Monday, December 10th – Friday, December 14th ), and the cost will be $12.00/Single & $24.00/Double.  You will need to have purchased a ticket to be admitted into the dance.  NO tickets will be sold at the door.  Students and their guest will not be admitted into the dance after 10:00 PM.

KB Dance Guest forms for non-Vestal students are available in the Main Office and are due to the Main Office by next Friday, December 7th.  Remember, all non-Vestal guests must be pre-approved by Mr. Kasson and no middle school aged students are allowed.

Attention Students – Want to learn how to Ski?  Sign-up for Ski Club and reserve a spot on the bus.  Information is available in Main Office or from Mr. Bowers!  Again, sign up for ski Club soon, there is only a short time left.

Our Toys 4 Tots Drive vs. Binghamton High School is underway.  Bring in new, unwrapped toys, books or games for a child between the ages of 1 – 10 years old.  Donated toys may be dropped off in the bin located in the Main Lobby.

On Thursday, December 6th the Vestal Chem Free All-Nighter Committee will be hosting a Barnes & Noble Bookfair fundraiser from 10 AM to 9 PM in the Vestal Town Square Mall.  Please stop by the Main Office to pick up a voucher to present at your time of purchase to help support this amazing after prom program for our VHS Seniors.

Sports

Attention Sports Fans – TODAY at 3 PM in the Main Lobby, come out and support two of our very own Golden Bears, Jared Butler & Matt Thrasher as they sign their National Letter of Intent.

Jared Butler will be signing is National Letter of Intent to play Division II Men’s Lacrosse at Mercyhurst University with the Lakers, where he will major in Intelligence Studies.

Matt Thrasher will be signing his National Letter of Intent to play Division I Men’s Lacrosse at Sacred Heart with the Pioneers, where he plans to study Sports Management.

Counseling & Guidance

Attention Seniors- TODAY is a Counselors on Call day!!  Please bring your college-related questions to the Counseling & Guidance Office during any of the lunch periods.  No appointment necessary.  See you there!!

Volunteer Opportunity

Attention Students, especially seniors! Vestal Dollars for Scholars is looking for volunteers to help at Barnes & Noble on Sunday, December 9th.  You will be handing out coupons and wrapping gifts.  Volunteers are needed from 10 AM – 4 PM.  If you would like to volunteer for a 2-hour shift, please go to the Counseling & Guidance Office to sign up TODAY.  Seniors, you will also get credit toward your dollar for Scholars application!

Attention Seniors – The United Way needs 6 students to help wrap presents for underprivileged children in our area.  You will meet at the United Way building located on the Vestal Parkway on Monday, December 10th from 3 – 5 PM to wrap presents.  Stop by the Counseling & Guidance Office to sign up for this fun volunteer opportunity!

College Visits

The following colleges will be visiting Vestal High School’s Counseling and Guidance office!  If you would like to speak to a college rep from one of these colleges, please stop by the Counseling and Guidance office to get a pass.

• Army National Guard will be here TODAY during periods 5, 6 & 7 in the Lobby
  • Mohawk Valley Community College will be here Wednesday, November 28th during 4th